Saturday, June 14, 2014

You're so cool!!! - MFT Color Palette Challenge

Here is the beautiful palette for MFT's current challenge:


I recently picked up this adorable PI set "Ice Princess". I had so much fun colouring her with my copics! I don't have any MFT cardstock, so I used Recollections brand. I suppose the colour I chose in lieu of spearmint is a little more blue, when it should be more green... Oh well! The three circles were die cut with spellbinders dies. The flags were cut with MFT dies. I LOVE the fishtail flags dies. They just look so much better than when I try to make flags on my own. I recently ordered the layering flags set.


Here is a close up of the PI girl!


I recently picked up some Zig Wink of Stella markers. I thought I was ordering the brush markers, but ended up getting pen markers. I didn't even know there was a difference!! I still like the effect that they give. I like how I coloured the skirt with the glitter pen. It makes it almost look pleated. The shimmer is really soft, and only visible from certain angles. I love the effect.... But I will add the brush markers to my wish list!


Here's another close up. I need to work on my hair techniques... I wanted to show that I added shimmer to the barette as well!


This is my favourite part, I added shimmer to the skates. By going over it a few times with the marker pen, I was able to get the shimmer to blend a lot more so there's no lines like on the skirt.


I used another sentiment from Ice Princess on the inside, and added more flags to match the colour palette. I love how much interest it adds! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment