Thursday, June 12, 2014

Soy Happy For You - STS #22

I played with another Seize the Sketch challenge this week. You can check out the blog post HERE, and the sketch is at the bottom of this post. 


I recently got Lawn Fawn's Let's Roll Stamps & Dies, and used this sketch as an excuse to play around with them! I tilted the sketch on its side, and used the chop sticks to represent the line that goes across the card. I just love the images. I'm a big sushi fan, and these are just so cute you could eat them!


I used my copics to colour in the images. I guess I could have blended the serving plate a bit better. I'm still figuring stuff out, but I'm pretty happy with how my pictures turned out. I got the copic ciao 72 set A, now I'm eyeing the 72 set B and 36 set E.....


I embossed the panel in the background using my cuttlebug.


I attached the die cuts to my card using foam glue. I took a picture at an angle so you could see some of the dimension.


I finished off the inside with a sentiment from Let's Roll and a piece of shrimp nigiri -- adorbs! Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. How CUTE is this, love me some sushi lol! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute take on the sketch!!! You did a great job with the copics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card from one sushi lover to another! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch! Please feel free to visit my blog: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so clever! Your rotation of the sketch and the way you used the images is fantastic and so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, smiling sushi!! This couldn't be any cuter :) Your colouring is really good - the rice has texture! Crazy! (and I'm always a sucker for a good pun...soy happy. lol!) So glad you came to play with us at Seize the Sketch this time around!

    ReplyDelete