Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello Baby with Stenciled Embossing Paste GLITTER!!! - SSS Challenge

Double posting today! I just realized I need to post this card I made for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge before it closes! The challenge this week was "Stencil It".


Below is a progress picture. I took one of my Heidi Swapp senticls, and masked most of it off, leaving just some hearts exposed. I used some clear embossing paste on the stencil, and then quickly piled a bunch of glitter on top. I've struggled with "sticky" embossing powders in the past... The results weren't always great. I was wondering if my loose glitters would be a waste. At the same time, since the clear embossing powder didn't give off quite the effect I expected, I wondered if that would have been a waste as well... But now I've discovered that they work perfectly together! Now I just need more stencils :)


I used my new Simon Says Stamp stamps & dies for this card. The flower on the onesie was attached using a foam dot.


Here is a close-up of the bottom of the card:


Here is a close up of the glittery hearts. I love that the embossing paste adds a lot of dimension too!



I mimicked the front of the card on the inside.


I combined a couple of Simon Says Stamp sentiments for the inside of the card. They didn't stamp so great... I'll have to look up some tutorials on how to condition/file stamps properly. I'm worried about ruining them!


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Bern! I love those pink glittery hearts. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It!

    ReplyDelete