Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Distressed Roses Birthday Card - MFT Sketch #179

Sooooo I've been a little bad lately and I've been buying tons of craft supplies. I recently picked up MFT's Blooming Roses stamp set, which is the focal point of my card today, plus a whole ton of distress inks, which I used a lot of on this card. I just received the Blooming Roses stamp set TODAY, and I've already put it to good use! By the way, you can check out the MFT Sketch Challenge blog post HERE, and there's a picture of the sketch below. 


I think I was inspired my MFT's release sneak peek today, specifically their script background stamp. I found this piece of scripty patterned paper in my stash. It's from recollections. I used distress ink to shade the borders of the three layered pieces of cardstock.


I also used distress ink to stamp the image of the rose and leaves. After stamping, I sprayed the image with some water using a couple of pumps on my new mini-mister bottles. In the close-up image you can see areas where the ink colours are starting to mesh together. I kinda like this, makes it a bit softer. I used regular 65lb cardstock for the rose, so it got a little wrinkly after being sprayed with water.


For the last year and a half I've been finishing my card insides the exact same way: layering white cardstock on top of a coloured layer of cardstock. I've been wanting to try something new. For the inside of this card, I just cut piece of white cardstock, and lined the edge with distress ink. I LOVE this! It gives me the depth I want, without the bulk and harshness of all the paper. I stamped an image from MFT's birthday greetings, and added another rose from Blooming Roses. I didn't use my misters on the inside rose.


All in all, I'm super happy with how this card turned out. I'm super happy with my new MFT stamp set. I'm also really excited to play around with all my new distress inks. I need to set aside about 10 hours to watch some youtube tutorials and get distressing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment