Sunday, June 08, 2014

Blue Birthday Card - FMS #139

Hey there! I made a card today for Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #139. Click HERE to see the post, and the sketch is below.

I die cut a couple Lawn Fawn tags, and used the stamps that go with that set to outline them, using archival ink. The HB2U and diagonal strips are actually stamps from Simon Says Stamp. I die cut the flags using MFT dies. The cut a panel for the background and embossed it with my cuttlebug, and used a small punch to round the corners.


When I put the card together, I thought it looked kinda bland, but I used some distress ink to line the edges of the tag. This wasn't the best idea, since the tag was glued together, and you can see in the picture below where it got a little messy :(. The picture below also shows more clearly that the flags are actually a light blue, not white.


For the inside, I again lined the layer with distress ink, and then stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts. There is room for improvement, but I still think this will be a nice card to give to a guy. Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment