Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blended Background Birthday Card

I made this lovely card for a CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge. Click HERE to see the post, and the sketch is below. 

I stamped a Mama Elephant sentiment and then die cut it using a Spellbinders Lacey Circles die.


 I then took a piece of white cardstock, A2 size and coloured it with distress inks. I started by colouring the center with Peacock Feathers, and then did the outsides in Worn Lipstick. I love how the colour perfectly blends to a beautiful purple where the teal and pink meet! Still working on my distress techniques, but I really like this idea! Now that I've got tons of distress inks, I'd love to see how they all play together.


I finished off the card with some enamel dots sporadically placed to sort of match the butterflies on the sketch. Thanks for checking out my card!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love your background and that fabulous large sentiment! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete