Sunday, May 25, 2014

Polish Birthday Card for an Aunt - FMS137

 Hey there! Here's a card I made for a Freshly Made Sketch challenge. You can check out the challenge post HERE, and see the sketch below. I made a few cards to give for an aunt's birthday....In Polish! "Cocia" (pronounced cho-cha) means aunt or auntie. You'll probably see a few of these on my blog in the coming days :-)


I rotated the sketch. I used lawn fawn dies to die-cut the letters and the star. I used the corresponding stamps to outline the letters in versamark ink. I'm thinking maybe I should have used a different colour to add more contrast. Then, I used a star/snowflake from lawn fawn's "yeti set go" stamp set in versamark ink on the grey layer to add more interest.


On the inside I added a slightly larger die-cut puffy star, and used lawn fawn ABCs to spell out a birthday greeting "sto lat" which translates to "one hundred years"... A common Polish birthday phrase!




1 comment:

  1. Love that pop of pink! Thanks for,jining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete