Monday, May 19, 2014

First Challenge in a While!!!! - FMS #136

Whooaa! It's been a crazy long time since I blogged about my card making! I went through some crazy stressful stuff and did a bunch of travelling (San Fransico and Boston) since I last blogged. All the craziness meant that I took about a month off from card making. I've been getting back into it recently, so I have a back log of posts to make. However, today's card is "Freshly Made"...

Today is a holiday in Canada (Victoria Day) and aside from laundry and going for a run later, I've dedicated my whole day to card making! I made a list of some challenges to keep me motivated. I started with this Freshly Made Sketches challenge card to get me going. The deadline is in a few hours, so I've gotta post this card right away! You can check out the sketch below, and see the challenge post HERE.



I kept it really simple and followed the sketch pretty closely. I actually really like how it turned out! The patterned paper is from a big 12x12 Recollections stack "Mosaic Memories". I die cut the beige strip with MFT's sentiment strips die-namics. The flowers and red lacey square were cut with spellbinders dies. For the circle I just used a punch. Unfortunately I glued the flower piece a little off centre...


Both stamps I used are from MFT's Birthday Greetings. It is SUCH an essential stamp set. I stamped both with versafine black onyx ink. It's a little hard to tell, but the card base is beige, however the circle on the front and the inner layer are white, to add a little contrast. Thanks so much for looking! <3




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Totally LOVE the sentiment you've used and the mix of DSPs is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I love the patterns that you've mixed together and the bold sentiment just says "wow!" Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete