Thursday, May 22, 2014

Botanical Birthday Card - Simon Says Stamp Challenge

I loved the theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "Botanical". With the weather here finally getting nice and things looking greener, I totally got into this challenge! I'm incredibly happy with how my card turned out. 

I made the main layer of my card by taking a piece of white cardstock and colouring it green with shabby shutters distress ink. Next, I used flower stamps from MFT's Easter Elements stamp set and stamped them with three different colours of Ranger archival ink. I think it looks great! Kinda retro.


Here is a close up of the background:


I used some washi tape (purple and thin white) to "belt" the card. This image shows how the distress ink is a bit darker on the edge of the card layer. I need to work on making this even more pronounced. I'm still really new to distress inks!


The sentiment stamp is from MFT's birthday greetings stamp set. The label is a spellbinders die. I love how even that has little flowers in it!! Thanks for looking! :)


1 comment:

  1. Lovely flowery background and your touch of washi is sweet. Thanks for sharing your botanic inspiration with us at SImon Says Stamps Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete