Friday, March 28, 2014

Double Happy Birthday Cards

I made these cards thinking they would be for a sketch challenge, but in the end they didn't really match the sketch. I still love how they turned out. Since the front of the card was made with dies, it made sense to make two cards at once. 


Again, I was inspired by the colour palette of a Recollections paper pack for these cards.


I used an MFT die to die-cut the happy birthday sentiment from panels of paper.


I used MFT hybrid rose die-namics from purple paper.


Craft tweezers are on my wish list, but for now I just use pliers to roll flowers. I use this scotch glue, and hold the flowers in place for a couple of seconds until the glue sets. It takes about 30 min for the glue to dry completely.


For the other part of the flowers, I fold up the little tab...


Apply some glue, and then put the pieces together.







 I added loads of glue behind where the sentiment goes.


I fit in the opposite-colour die cut, and then fill in the gaps.


Here's the finished product:



And the same thing for the other card:


Now that the individual pieces of the flower had dried, I added more glue to the layers of the flower, and put it together.


I held it in place until the glue set.



I die cut the leaves from green cardstock.


I busted out my xyron sticker maker for the first time to get adhesive onto the leaves. It was SUPER easy to use. I feel like I wasted a bit too much tape, but I'll get better at that.



It ended up with some cob-web like glue in some places....


I have these little clips for a stamp storage thing that I have, and I used the hook part to get rid of that excess adhesive.


All that was left for the front of the card was to glue everything in place.


I have archival inks that matched the colours of the card, so I used those to stamp the sentiment on the inside of the cards.




Here are some more shots of the completed cards!








No comments:

Post a Comment