Saturday, February 01, 2014

Washi & Gold Star Card - Cardmageddon #18

This card is the first part of another two-set. I think this set of two cards are the only ones I made during Cardmageddon that used washi tape. That's too bad, since I have TONS! A few of my washi tapes are specifically Christmas themed, so it would have been good to use more.

To make this card, I just covered a 5x5 piece of white card stock with rows of alternating Christmassy washi tape. I cut a star out of the panel using a Puffy Star die from Lawn Fawn. I took another panel of white card stock, sprayed it with gold color shine spray from Heidi Swapp and glued it behind the washi panel.


I'm not too crazy with how this card turned out. The gold spray looks kinda uneven and the card as a whole doesn't really "pop".


I do like how the inside of this card turned out. I cut a large panel of red cardstock and used a Martha Stewart border punch and layered it behind the sentiment panel. This is a little bit different than the standard layers cut around the sentiment. I should mix it up more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment