Sunday, February 02, 2014

Bomb Birthday Card - Simon Says Stamp Challenge

So I realized my boyfriend's birthday is coming up real soon, and I hadn't yet made him a card! I was also floating around the internet, and just found out that Simon Says Stamp also has a challenge blog! The challenge for this week was to use twine or string, and I was immediately inspired! (Click HERE to go to the Simon Says Stamp challenge post) It may seem strange to make a bomb-themed birthday card for someone you love but I can explain!


My boyfriend recently did a 48 hour game jam, and him and some friends came up with this bomb-diffusing game called "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes". It's gotten quite a bit of attention, so I thought I would make him a card similar to the bomb in his game!

I love all the dimension!

I used string for the bomb "wires". In the game, there are keypads with random symbols. I put two keypads on this card. One for "happy birthday to you" and the other with random symbols. The HB2U, timer and outlined star are Lawn Fawn stamps. The filled in star and the other two symbols are MFT stamps. The two symbols are bird legs and a patterned wing that actually came from their Easter stamp set! The sentiment on the inside of the card is from Penny Black. My boyfriend is turning 28, which is why the timer is at 28 seconds!



Here's a picture of the bomb from the game, and you can click HERE to find out more about it!



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Bern, great design and I love how you've added the twine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete