Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Birthday - Lawnscaping Challenge #73

Hey there! I created this card for my first ever lawnscaping challenge! The theme was simple, any kind of celebration. I haven't been feeling well, so I just went with a simple birthday card. I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment form Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake stamp set and stamped it repeatedly in rainbow colours (using archival inks) to create the background.


The piece of cake (from Lawn Fawn Year Three) was stamped and coloured with my Chromatix markers. I added blue stickles to the blue part to add some sparkle. The circle and scalloped circle were cut with a Martha Stewart punch, and I glued it to the card using foam glue.


There's a close-up of the background.


The sentiment on the inside is so fun! It's also from Lawn Fawn Year Three.




3 comments:

  1. Great card. I started the Lawnscaping Challenges too, not too long ago, and it really inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complement! Glad to hear you find the challenges worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. So cute! Love the repetition of sentiment and the slice of cake popped up
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete