Sunday, January 05, 2014

Glittery Subway Art Christmas Card - Cardmageddon #4

I really loved playing around with the Holiday Subway Art stamp set from MFT. I hope they that they make a similar stamp set with birthday sentiments, that would be so useful!

I've got tons of glitter, but don't use it often enough. I bought a big multi-pack of Recollections glitter when I was first starting to build my stash. I really wish I had splurged on Martha Stewart "brand name" glitter. I haven't had the best results with this glitter, and I'll never know if it's just because of my skills, or inferior product.



Even though I first swiped the white cardstock with an embossing buddy (a little sack that gets rid of static), glitter still went everywhere. I put the sentiments together on an acrylic block, and then stamped the sentiment with versamark. I put Ranger sticky embossing powder on top and heat set it. I have a few sticky embossing powders, and so far this Ranger one has worked best.


After heating up the glue, I poured on the glitter, kept it there for a while, tapped off excess and then blasted it with my heat gun again. I *really* need to get some tweezers to hold paper while heat embossing! I just matted the sentiment with red cardstock cut with the same spellbinders die in one size larger. I used some Recollections patterned paper for the background.


I kept the inside really simple, and just added a white sheet of cardstock and another MFT sentiment. I hope to do more glitter projects in the future and get better at it.





No comments:

Post a Comment