Sunday, January 12, 2014

Distress Christmas - Cardmageddon #9

Ooooooh!!! Pardon my excitement. This card was the result of my first ever time playing around with Tim Holtz distress inks. I can't believe it took me over a year into my card making hobby to pick up some of these inks. 

First, I took a panel of paper and stamped the MFT sentiment and snowflakes in various colours of pigment ink and then embossed it all in clear. I then took Tim Holtz distress ink in barn door and the ink blending tool and added ink to the page. I started with the edges, working my way into the center of the page, so it would be lighter around the Christmas tree. The embossed images resisted the ink (I wiped off excess). 


I'm not really big into the distress look, but I decided to go all out by dunking my fingers in some water and flicking it onto the the stamped & dyed paper. I love how it turned out. Kinda looks like snowflakes. It's kind of scary at the same time to think that you could totally ruin your project by having the water droplets scatter in an ugly way. I guess this is another thing that I need to practice more and get more confident with.


The inside is simple with another MFT sentiment. The brown layer was actually a white piece of cardstock that I inked up with vintage photo distress ink, but that didn't add too much extra dimension. 

No comments:

Post a Comment