Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cross Stitched Family Portrait



Here is a cross stitched family portrait that I made as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend's aunt. The basis of the design was tutorial from Martha Stewart that I found online. I made a big boo-boo in the beginning by cutting the piece of cloth too small.... I should have left a lot of excess around so I could pull it tight. This was my first try at mounting a cross stitched design into a frame on my own... I've definitely got room for improvement!

Anywho, I ended up designing the whole thing in excel (all properly spaced out) and then stitched it onto evenweave. This also ended up being my first time stitching onto even weave. Somehow I didn't make any errors counting out stitches and spaces... Probably because I triple counted everything. My boyfriend's aunt really loved it, as did the rest of the family. It was a really fun project to work on.

My boyfriends parents, aunts and uncle. The aunt who received this as a gift is in the middle.

My boyfriend and me, along with his sister's family.

My boyfriend's cousins

This alphabet I got from an issue of Cross Stitcher magazine.

My boyfriend's aunt likes cats, so I added a little cat in the corner along with the date this was given. The font for the date is also from Cross Stitcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment