Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cross Stitched Christmas Scene Card - Cardmageddon #17

As soon as I saw this Christmas scene card in one of my magazines, I knew I had to stitch it! It's so cheery and bright and fun. It felt really quick to stitch because of all the different colours. What was fun about this pattern as well is that some sections were stitched using two different colours of floss. For example, instead of using two strands of blue for all of the sky, some of it is stitched with one strand of blue and one strand of white. It's a little detail that makes the whole thing softer.


I didn't want to take away from the stitching so I just created a simple window and mounted the design inside. The inside is simple too. The recipient of the card really loved it! She said she might frame it. Check out some more pictures of the stitching up close, below.






No comments:

Post a Comment