Thursday, January 09, 2014

Clean and Simple Valentine's Day Card - CAS(E) Sketch Challenge #57

Here is a quick Valentine's card that I made for a CAS(E) challenge. I've included the simple step by step instructions below!


I started this one by stamping the inside. I used a Fiskars stamp set. It's the only one I own. I saw it at a Michaels store and couldn't resist picking it up... Not sure why!



Here's a close up of the inside.


I used a recollections stamp set for the front of the card.


I lined up my stamp on the grid of the acrylic block and lined up the front of my card with a ruler on my cutting mat to try and keep things as straight as possible. I think I'd like to invest in a large stamp press and/or stamp-a-ma-jig tool. I've never used either... I need to get my alignment to be better!


I stamped the xoxoxo to mimic the line in the sketch, and added the sentiment. At first, I thought that my "You & Me" stamp was messed up, but that's actually how it's supposed to be. It kind of looks like it was stamped twice with an offset. I like it though, it looks different.


Last Valentine's I bought these sparkly heart stickers from K& Company but didn't get around to using them. I wanted to use some sequins as well, but go figure, I have a gillion sequins, but no red! I will have to pick some up. I picked out some hearts and placed them on the card.


Here is the card after I attached the hearts (they have adhesive on them) and glued everything together.


Here is the full card! I tried to clean up as much of the excess glitter as I could.






I love how the hearts peek out from the inside.


Kept it simple on the inside of the card with just one red layer.



2 comments: