Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fishing Themed Birthday Card

A friend is big into fishing, so I wanted to incorporate fishes into his birthday card.

I started out with a sky blue card base.


At first I thought I would use four layers of "waves"...


I used a Fiskars border punch to make the waves.


I liked how it looked with two layers of waves. Four looked way too busy.


I used Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Sea" stamp set. I used a tiny Lawn Fawn acrylic block for stamping the fish. I loove this block. It's so cute and comfy to hold.


I used my Chromatix markers to colour in the fish. They were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black in onto Neenah Solar White cardstock.


Here are the four fish that I stamped and coloured.


I fussy cut the fish. I used Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABCs with white Hero Arts ink to stamp a sentiment on the front of the card.


Here is the sentiment that I came up with. I glued the fish to the front of the card and added some bubbles with the same white ink. 


I used another stamp and sentiment from critters under the sea for a simple card interior.


Here is the front of the card, all put together! I used glossy accents on the fish, which was a really nice finishing touch.




No comments:

Post a Comment