Sunday, October 13, 2013

Embossed Washi Tape Thank You Card - Step by Step


I'd seen on pinterest cards being embossed with washi tape. I wanted to give it a try. I didn't really have a reason to make a card... Just wanted to play around.


These were the three washi tapes I chose. I initially planned on using that patterned paper, but quickly cut that idea.


I attached the washi tape to a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than the A2 card base, with rounded corners.


I chose the cuttlebug embossing folder I wanted to use.


Here the card is after being embossed. Love this effect!


I chose to add a red/orange card as another layer on top of the white card base. The colour pretty much perfectly matches the large flower in the center washi tape.


I rounded the corners of that layer as well.


The layering process...


All three layers so far...


I cut a small piece of black cardstock for the sentiment.


I cut some notches into the sentiment strip and chose my sentiment.


I like how the white ink showed up on the black cardstock


I added foam dots for the sentiment... Yes... I had to stamp it twice because the first time it was horribly crooked :)



I decided to add another layer of black cardstock to the card.


I attached the sentiment to the front of the card.


I used some liquid pearls on the sentiment.


A close up of the pearls. A pretty quick card to put together, and looks really fun and unique!


No comments:

Post a Comment