Sunday, October 20, 2013

Birthday Card and Wine Tag using MFT Let's Toast Stamps and Dies

I made a birthday card for a friend. I was able to use a bunch of different die cuts that I was dying to use. 


My inspiration for this card was a set of cardstock that I got from Michaels. I love the bright and bold colours. I just happened to have matching felt as well. I decided to add purple to the colour mix.


I made some rolled roses using dies from My Favorite Things. Here are the rolled roses with their perfectly matching cardstock colours!


I chose yellow as the cardstock base colour, which you can see in the background.


I decided to use the peek-a-boo dots die also from MFT for the front of the card.


I used the little strips of cardstock behind the peek-a-boo dots. I played around with the order of the colours a bit. I chose this order, but pretty much all combinations looked good.


I adhered the peek-a-boo dots panel to the front of the card using foam glue.


I used a sentiment from MFT's Let's Toast stamp set. I loooove those stamps. I also made a gift card holder for the inside of the card. I winged it, and it was a fail. The gift card fell out of the card... I guess I have an excuse to buy a new die specifically for gift cards :)


I attached the roses under their corresponding peek-a-boo colour.


Ooooh! The front of the card, all finished.


The inside of the card... Before the gift card fell out :)


A bottle of wine went along with this gift as well. Finally I got to play with the dies that go along with the Let's Toast stamp set. The tag, wine glass and small circle tag are all from the Let's Toast die set. The label is a Spellbinders label die.

You can see in this photo that there is a slit at the top of the bottle tag. I'm not sure why they added that to the die. The tag slipped off the wine bottle :( Cutting a slit would be easy enough to do with a pair of scissors, but reversing it is not as easy. I'll have to tape it shut next time I use one of these tags.


The tag already used 3 of the 4 colours from the card... I just needed to find a way to incorporate the yellow into the tag to really make it match. Luckily I had some American Crafts twine that matched almost perfectly!


The sentiments on the are also from Let's Toast. I thought it was funny to put "Bottom's Up" on a wine tag!


I would have used clear drying liquid glue to attach the circle tag, but I did not have enough time to wait for it to dry. I used a glob of glue dots instead. Not as nice, but got the job done.


Here is the tag in action!


Here are some close ups of the card!








No comments:

Post a Comment