Thursday, September 26, 2013

Purple Ombre Large Scalloped Birthday Card

Here's a birthday card that I made a while ago for someone's birthday.


I've seen this type of card sketch a lot. I first saw it in a card making book that I have, and I see it pop up often on other blogs, galleries, pinterest, etc. I've always thought it was a pretty sketch, so I wanted to give it a try!

I tediously cut out about a zillion strips of large scalloped cardstock using a die from MFT and my Cuttlebug.



I used the nifty lines on my cutting mat to make sure that each strip was placed 1/4 inch above the previous one. I just eyeballed them to make them off set. Below you can see the reverse side of the card, after I had glued all the layers but before I trimmed the edges.


Here is the front of the card after trimming the edges.


On the inside I used a stamp from MFT. I love this sentiment!


I struggled a bit with the front of the card. I didn't want to make the card look too overwhelming. I kept it pretty simple. I used the Happy Birthday stamp from the same MFT stamp set. I stamped it onto a small square of the lightest purple cardstock, and then rounded the edges. I attached it to the card with foam glue.


I used liquid pearls for a last touch on the card, here is a close up!


No comments:

Post a Comment