Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chromatix Markers & Fairies

I've mentioned in a previous post that I use American Crafts Chromatix markers. I haven't used Copics, so I don't know how they compare. I'm still new to stamping, so I think these markers are a good start. When they dry out I'll probably move up to Copics.


I made a swatch of all my Chromatix markers. A couple of new markers actually arrived dried out, which is disappointing. I seem to have revived them by dipping both ends of the marker in rubbing alcohol. A few other markers were also on the drier side, but work well enough for now.


This post I'll show step by step how I coloured the fairy with the star wand from There She Goes "Fairy Good day". I stamped the image using memento tuxedo black ink onto neenah solar white cardstock.


First I used the skin tones markers to colour in the fairy's face.


I coloured in the fairy's arms with the skin tone colour and added rouge to her cheeks.


Next I used the "apricot" Chromatix colours to do the fairy's hair. I wanted her to be a red-head, I probably should have used "mango" instead.


I used honey dew on the top portion of her wand, and chestnut on the stick part of her wand.


I used the aqua markers to colour in her dress.


To colour in her belt and leggings, I used the bubblegum colours.


I used evergreen on the band of her hair piece and the insides of the flowers.


The flowers were coloured in with grape. I went over her hair again with the apricot marker because it was a little too streaky.


I loved the end result, but thought I would add more contrast by outlining the image with a marine coloured marker. I think that added a lot to the image!


Here is the reverse side of the paper. The markers definitely bled through, but not so much that it got onto my work surface or caused the paper to warp.


No comments:

Post a Comment