Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2nd Birthday Card with Slider

My niece loves her pop up books, so I wanted to give her an interactive card for her 2nd birthday.


I used Lawn Fawn's Quinn's ABCs and Harold's ABCs to write out the text.


I used my spellbinders dies to cut the circles. I've had the "small" circle set for a while, but just recently got the "large" circle set for my birthday. I love that I can layer them perfectly now!


This was my first time attempting a slider card. I didn't use any guides to make the slide out panel, just sort of figured it out on my own... The end result wasn't perfect. I didn't anchor it properly so it did get a little stuck. I got a book with interactive card designs for my birthday, so I'll have to try those out soon! :)


I love the bright colours, and my niece did have some fun pulling out the panel and moving it around. All the paper is recollections brand, and the ribbon is celebrate it brand, also from Michaels. The chevron paper and the solid neon paper actually comes from two different paper packs, I was happy that the colours matched pretty perfectly!


I matted the inside similar to the front, using purple instead of lime green. I started writing in my personal note before taking a picture of it, so I just took a picture of the bottom right corner where I had placed the inside stamps. The stars and the sentiment comes from Penny Black's Sweet Wishes stamp set. I also love how the whole card rhymes!






No comments:

Post a Comment