Monday, July 15, 2013

OMG! First Birthday Card

I'm obsessed with this first birthday card I made recently.

Between going on a cruise and cleaning out a garage I haven't had much time to play with the new card making stuff I've bought recently. This card took me a long time to make, just because I had so many things I wanted to try! I'm glad that even though there's a lot of elements and a lot going on it looks pretty clean.


I used Lawn Fawn's Smitty's ABCs on the tab that I die cut with an MFT die. Smitty's ABCs look really nice with Quinn's ABCs. For "kirra", I first stamped the letters then die cut them. The dies aren't see through, I had to do a couple do-overs because the letters didn't line up properly.


Oooh! Stickles! I love using them but don't use them enough. I was initially going to colour in "kirra" as well, but I like the look of leaving them white. I used my spellbinders nestabilities to die cut the circles and I love how perfectly they layer.


I recently bought some felt to experiment with felt die cuts. I used Lawn Fawn's puffy stars dies. The yellow felt I have wasn't quite the colour I was looking for, so I used white felt and sprayed it with Heidi Swapp's color shine spray in Mustard. I used Mint Green color shine on the background of the front of the card (loooove the droplets!) and amethyst on the inside of the card.


I kept the inside pretty simple. I stamped the sentiment (yes, it's messy... I cleaned it up a little with a white pen afterwards :-S ) and added a little cake with one candle. I added some yellow stickles to the tip of the candle.



Supplies:
Cardstock: white, tan, pastel pink, pastel purple
Mists: Heidi Swapp Color Shine mint green, amethyst, mustard
Stickles: glam pink, yellow
Dies: Spellbinders small circle, small classic scallop circle, Lawn Fawn puffy stars, Lawn Fawn Quinn's ABCs, My Favorite Things mini tabs quartet
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs, Lawn Fawn Quinn's ABCs, Lawn Fawn Quinn's 123s, Lawn Fawn Sophie's sentiments, Lawn Fawn year three
Other: button, twine, felt, corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment