Friday, July 19, 2013

Baby Girl Card

So many babies! So many baby cards! It's awesome. They're fun to make and I'm getting good mileage out of my Lawn Fawn "Plus One" stamp set.



I stamped the image of the stroller onto a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock with memento tuxedo black ink.

I coloured in the image with my chromatix markers -- smoke, and all 3 of the bubblegum shades. I'm a little disappointed that the colours aren't more distinct.

I die cut the image using one a spellbinder's nestabilities label die. I also embossed the image with the die. Since I have a cuttlebug, I had to do lots of trials on scratch paper to figure out how many pieces of cardstock I needed to shim with to get the embossing right.

Underneath the image is a strip of american crafts glitter ribbon.

The smallest layer was embossed with cuttlebug's swiss dots folder.

The sentiment is also from Lawn Fawn's Plus One set. To round the edges I just used a corner rounder punch. I also added a little pink baker's twine bow. I used some clear-drying craft glue to adhere it to the card. I also added some glue to the tips of the bow to help stop fraying.

No comments:

Post a Comment