The design was actually very quick to cross stitch. I completed most of it in one evening. The cross stitch is glued onto a piece of light green card stock, which I trimmed to be the same size as the cross stitch design. I always back my stitching onto card stock. I have this wet spray adhesive that I use which is excellent. It is super sticky -- I wouldn't want the design to peel off of the card.
The background is actually some leftover from the baby boy's 1st birthday card I made previously.
I added a piece of ribbon at the bottom from a variety pack of American Craft's ribbon. I love how the ribbon has adhesive on one side, so it's one less thing for me to do!
I added one of my fancy new buttons along the ribbon. I tied the button with some twine. The twine comes from a different American Crafts variety pack. I added a bit of glue to the ends of the bow as well as the knot of the bow so it doesn't fray or come undone. It did eventually dry clear. I used the same glue to stick the button onto the card.
All the stamps on the inside come from Lawn Fawn's plus one, except the teddy bear which is from pa-rum-pa-pum-pum. I coloured them with my Chromatix markers. I made a boo-boo on this part of the card... I stamped as it it was a horizontal card, not a vertical one. I had to trim one side of the insert, but I still wanted to keep the cute rattle, so I cut it out and glued it on top. Oh well!