Friday, March 15, 2013

Hi!

My name's Bernadette, but you can call me Bern.

My mom taught me to cross-stitch when I was little, and in fall of 2012 I took it back up again. I found it to be a nice way to unwind after sitting in an office all day. I wanted to do something "practical" with cross stitching, so I got myself a book with designs for cross stitched cards.

The first card I made had a stitched Formula 1 style car for my brother's birthday. Considering I hadn't stitched in a while, the car looked pretty okay. The card itself however, was hideous!
trust me, you don't want to see the rest of the card
Before Christmas, I took a card making class and learned some of the basics. I got hooked immediately! Since then I've been exclusively giving my friends and family my hand made cards.

I'm not very artistic, but I love how simple card making techniques can produce impressive looking cards.
I hope to use my blog as a journal/catalogue of my card making and cross stitching projects and also to share any things I've learned to others who may be starting out as well. I'm excited to keep learning and keep getting better at it.

~Bern

No comments:

Post a Comment