Monday, March 25, 2013

Cross Stitched Baby's 1st Birthday Card

I bought a really cute stamp and die set for Easter a while ago. I figured I had tons of time to make all my Easter cards, and here we are, a few days away and I haven't finished any Easter cards! I'm hoping to have a card making blitz before I see all my loved ones.

I was out of town all weekend, so I wasn't able to make any cards. I made this post about a card I made a little while ago.

The cross stitch pattern is from "Cross Stitch Cards 100" . I love that book! I've made cards with several of the designs. I like that the author put some thought into the rest of the card design, and I often take inspiration from that when putting my cards together. I subscribe to a bunch of cross stitch magazines and usually they just display the designs with a single-coloured aperture card, which can be kinda boring!


I like how all the blue and green just all fit together really nicely. The washi tape may have been a bit of over kill, but I've got so much of it and I was just itching to use it. Besides, I don't think little Owen had a problem with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment